Friday, April 27, 2012

Confessions of a mean (but stylish) lady...

Photobucket  

So here's the story... Once upon a time--as in right now at this time--there were little children who charge my car whenever we happen to be on the road together. If I'm coming home they charge my car. If I'm leaving they charge my car. Why? Because they want me to give them a ride. These are not my children mind you but those of my neighbor. So I often stop and let them in, which is a big ordeal because there are a lot of them and it takes them awhile to get in and assemble themselves.  And then they start touching everything and asking me questions and eating the fruit snacks I just bought, without asking.  In short, they annoy me.  Which makes me feel bad.  Because children are precious little souls and all that jazz. 

But that is not the confession of my meanness. The confession of my meanness goes a little something like this...


Once upon a time--as in yesterday--said children charged my car as they were walking home from the bus and it irritated me because yesterday I was in no mood to be annoyed.  And I wanted the precious little ones to know that they cannot just assume that a car is always going to stop for them.  So I waved enthusiastically, "Hi guys.  How ya doing?  See ya later."  and slowly drove right past them.  Then one of the little boys started to cry.  Yes he ran to his sister and cried.  An event that I watched through my rear view mirror as I left him standing there in a haze of dust and tears.


"I feel so bad."  I said to my children as we walked into the house.  "I'm a mean person.  I shouldn't have done that."

"You're not a mean person."  Jamie assured me.  "You're kind to everyone and you always smile and do nice things for people.  You're not mean at all."  Then pointing at me with a finger pistol she gave a smooth flick of her wrist and said, "And... you're very stylish." 

That girl seriously cracks me up.  Hope no mean person ever leaves her in a haze of dust and tears.

p.s.
should I tell the parents that their children have a habit of charging moving vehicles.  I can't decide.  I don't want to embarrass them or get the kids into trouble, but really...

2 comments:

4boyzmdmom said...

You're not mean...I don't think I ever would have picked up the kids in the first place! That sounds like a tricky situation...not sure how I'd handle it!

4boyzmdmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.